Foot pain got you down? Find out what might be to blame!
When it comes to foot pain, there are a whole host of issues that could be the culprit. While it might be difficult to determine the root cause on your own, your Chandler, AZ podiatrist, Dr. Alan Discont, has the answer you’ve been looking for.
Causes of Foot Pain
The most common causes of foot pain are usually due to injury, overuse or an inflammatory disorder that affects the bones, tendons or ligaments of the foot. Some other problems that can also cause foot pain include:
- Plantar fasciitis
- Achilles tendinitis
- Bone spurs
- Broken toe
- Broken ankle or foot
- Diabetic neuropathy
- Stress fracture
When to See Your Doctor?
It can be a challenge to know when to just give your feet a break or when you actually need to see your Chandler foot doctor for medical attention. Even minor foot pain can be bad enough that it can affect your day-to-day activities. While it can be okay to try some at-home remedies it’s better to play it safe rather than sorry. It’s best to seek medical care right away if you are dealing with any of these issues:
- Severe swelling or pain
- An open wound that has pus
- Redness, tenderness, a spot that is warm to the touch or a fever over 100 F (signs of infection)
- If you can’t put weight on the affected foot
- If you’ve been diagnosed with diabetes and are dealing with any symptoms like redness, swelling or pain
It’s also time to schedule a visit to our podiatric office if you:
- Have swelling that won’t go down after a few days of at-home care
- Have pain that hasn’t improved after a couple weeks
- Are experiencing numbness or tingling, particularly at the bottom of the foot
Foot pain doesn’t have to take over your life. Turn to the foot expert in Chandler, AZ at Family Foot and Ankle Care, PC. Call Dr. Discont today to schedule your next appointment.